What Is Overwatch Game?
What is overwatch and why you should know how to uninstall overwatch, are the highlights of this blog post.
Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer game. This first-person shooter video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. It was released in May 2016 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Overwatch assigns players into two teams of six, with each player selecting from a roster of over 20 heroes, each with their own unique abilities and role.
Players on a team work together to secure and defend control points on a map or escort a payload across the map in a limited amount of time.
Why Do You Need to Uninstall Overwatch? Reasons for Uninstallation of Overwatch
There are many reasons why you might need to uninstall Overwatch. Maybe you’re not a fan of the game, or maybe you just don’t have enough time to play it. Or you have become somewhat bore from this. Whatever the reason, uninstalling Overwatch is easy to do.
Additionally, you may have simply run out of storage space on computer and have to delete some games in order to make room for new ones.
Apart from this Blizzard Entertainment’s popular first-person shooter, Overwatch, can be a frustrating experience due to troubleshooting issues. And that can surely be the reason you want it to be uninstalled from your PC.
Checklist Before You Try to Remove Overwatch Due to Troubleshooting Issue
If you are having trouble with Overwatch and are experiencing Troubleshooting issues, follow these steps in order to try and fix the problem. Before going to delete Overwatch.
- First, make sure that your computer has the latest patches installed.
- Second, ensure that your graphics card and drivers are up to date. You can confirm this from the control panel.
- Third, try disabling any third-party programs that might be causing problems with Overwatch. You can also do this using a third-party uninstaller. Also, check the storage of your hard drive.
- Finally, if all of these solutions fail, it may be time to uninstall Overwatch from your computer disks and window altogether and restore from scratch.
How to Delete Overwatch?
If you want to uninstall the program completely, you will need to uninstall the game files from your computer. To do this, there are ways to uninstall the program. After then, you can reinstall to continue your game.
Ways to Uninstall Overwatch Completely
There are three different ways discussed below:
1. Uninstalling overwatch – Thoroughly remove Blizzard from window
To completely uninstall Overwatch from your Windows system, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Find Overwatch in the list of installed programs and click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall button and follow the prompts to complete the process.
2. Delete Program without A Third-Party Uninstaller
In another method, you will need to delete the following files and folders:
- The “Overwatch” folder in your “Documents” folder
- The “Blizzard Entertainment” folder in your “Documents” folder
- The “Battle.net” folder in your “Documents” folder
- The “overwatch_retail_beta” folder in your “Documents” folder
- The “Temp” folder in your “Windows” folder
3. Completely Remove Program on The Pc
To thoroughly help you uninstall the program, we suggest you should know your operating system and uninstall it via your system’s settings.
- On Windows 10, you can use the Control Panel.
- You can use the Applications folder and remove the game folder on macOS.
- You can uninstall the game on Android from the Google Play Store or via an app manager.
How to Reinstall Overwatch or Restore It, if You Have Been Successfully Able to Uninstall It?
Search for Overwatch on the internet. Then, download the installation file from Blizzard’s website and run it. Follow the prompts to install the game. Once the installation is complete, launch Overwatch and log in with your Blizzard account to start playing!
FAQs while using battle.net app
If You Cannot Uninstall Overwatch, Which Is the Right Way?
There is no one right way to uninstall Overwatch; it depends on your operating system and personal preferences. However, removing Overwatch from your computer is important in order to keep your system clean and free of unwanted software.
Can Playing a Number of Games Affect Your Hard Disk?
It depends on various factors though, but if storage doesn’t align with the game size, then surely it will.
Can You Use Uninstaller to Help You Uninstall Overwatch Available?
If you’re having error while uninstalling Overwatch, you may be able to use a total uninstaller program to help you. This is also a way to remove Overwatch and can sometimes be found for free online to you as a user, or you may be able to purchase one from a software store.
Be sure to read the instructions carefully before using an uninstaller, as they can sometimes cause problems if used incorrectly and can also delete the account permanently.
Should I Take a Backup Before Applying Uninstallation Program Method?
Yes, for the safe side take a backup first, if you want to uninstall Overwatch.
Is the Registry Process Easier for A New User?
Yes, the registry process is much easier for a new user. You can easily find all the information you need in one place.
Hopefully, this article has helped you know why and how to remove Overwatch and use it ideally. Stay tuned if you would want more information about games and fixing their troubleshooting issues. If you also need help with your program list, let us know, and we shall guide you in our coming posts.